Career Training Certificate Program
Program Code: HGBSEONL-403
Total Study Hours: 200
Fees: ₦1,547,500 NGN
Learning Type: Self Paced
Hours of Access: 24
Duration of Access: 6 Months
Session Start Date:
How To Enroll
Call 0814-939-3435, or email your contact details including program of interest to email@example.com, and we will get back to you. You may also visit our office in Abuja, FCT to speak with a specialist.
Learn to strategically manage a personal training program or a fitness department with the education you’ll get in the Fitness Business Management Online Training Program. This program is ideal for allied health and fitness professionals, personal trainers, fitness managers, and entrepreneurs who wish to establish a successful business model to apply to a fitness operation.
This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that Educational Fitness Solutions, Inc, who works with us to bring you this program, meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (2010 – 2013). Providership # 672784. This program is approved for 50 Continuing Education Credits through ACSM.
By completing Fitness Business Management Program, you’ll be able to:
• Identify the skill-sets and competencies that a fitness professional needs in order to be a successful entrepreneur, owner, or department manager Understand how to operate a fiscally successful business in the fitness industry
• Learn business concepts, including purchasing, contractual agreements, risk management and negligence, technology issues, and other fiscal concerns
• Identify how branding influences consumers and creates a demand for fitness services and products
• Understand customer relationship management methods
• Effectively use sales techniques
• Explore the profession as a potential career choice with the optional field internship experience
• Work as a fitness manager or business owner in the health and fitness industry
A successful fitness business is about more than burning calories and building muscles. To be competitive in the business world, you need to know about strategic planning, accounting, marketing, human resources, customer relations, and more. The Fitness Business Management Program will prepare you to implement a successful business system in private or commercial health clubs, medically-based fitness facilities, community wellness centers, personal training studios, physical therapy clinics, YMCAs, JCCs, college centers, recreational settings, or corporate fitness centers. This program was developed to establish an industry standard in fitness management education.
This certificate program includes:
• The planning process for starting a new venture
• Common approaches to developing a strategic business plan for specific types of health and fitness-related facilities
• An introduction to financial and managerial accounting concepts
• Exploration of how successful marketing and branding guide a company’s business strategy
• The organization and administration of for-profit and not-for-profit health and fitness facilities
A competitive advantage offered in this program is the Optional Field Internship. Students who take advantage of this option will be able to practice the fitness management concepts they’ve learned about through a six-week, 60-hour internship in a health and fitness setting.
This program is offered in partnership with the IDEA Health & Fitness Association, Health Club Managers, Inc., and Personal Fitness Professional (PFP). IDEA provided content and curriculum for the program, and, as a student, you’ll receive a complimentary six-month subscription to the digital edition of IDEA Fitness Journal. Health Club Managers, Inc., a health club staff and management training company, provides graduating certificate students with a preferred discount on their services. PFP provides students with a free three-year subscription. The subscription includes eight print issues of their magazine per year, a bi-monthly e-newsletter, a digital magazine, and access to an interactive Web site with blogs, polls, articles, and much more.
Continuing Education Credits/Units
The following national organizations and associations have approved this Fitness Business Management Program for CEC/CEUs:
• The American Senior Fitness Association (SFA): 2.0 CEUs per program
• The Health and Fitness Professionals Association (HFPA): 30 CECs per program and 60 CECs for the Optional Field Internship
• The National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF): 10 CEUs per program
• The National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT): 1 CEC per program, equivalent to an entire six-month CEC requirement
• The National Strength and Professional Association (NSPA): 2 CEUs per program
Upon registering, you’re given an initial six months to complete this program. If you need more time beyond the six months, an extension of six months is available with a fee of 64,000 naira.
1. Business Development and Entrepreneurship in Fitness
1. Business Fundamentals
2. Being a Fitness Manager
3. Understand Key Manager Skill-Sets
4. Sales and Marketing
2. Financial Principles and Business Concepts
1. Major Types of Financial Statements
2. Budgetary and Forecast Spreadsheets
3. Apply Financial and Accounting Principles to Start a Fitness Business
4. The Basics of the Federal Tax System
3. Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service Management
1. Consumer Buying Behaviors in the Fitness Industry
2. Customer-Centric Focus
3. Transform Customer Satisfaction to Customer Loyalty
4. Why Customers Buy or Don’t Buy a Particular Club Service
4. Fitness Management and Business Administration
1. The Role of the Human Resources Department
2. The Job Description of a Fitness Professional
3. Staff Development
4. How Staff Development, Business Development, and Customer Service Management Work Together
5. Elective Program: Optional Field Internship in Fitness Business Management
1. Intern for a total of six weeks, 60 hours with professionals in the fitness and health industry for a practical experience working with members at fitness facilities and health centers
2. Network and interact with professionals in the health and fitness industry
3. Develop a professional goal statement and review career opportunities
4. Improve your ability to obtain employment or operate your own health and fitness facility
This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
This program can be taken on a PC or Mac. Technical requirements include, but are not limited to, having Internet access with a 56K modem (but it’s highly recommended that you have DSL or high-speed cable Internet access), 64 MB system RAM, 200 MB free hard-disk space memory or sufficient storage, reliable e-mail account access, CD-ROM/DVD capabilities, and a reliable Internet provider. Some individual programs may have additional software or hardware requirements.
These materials will be provided:
There are no specific prerequisites to enter this program, other than an Internet connection, an e-mail address, and basic computer knowledge. Students are required to have CPR certification and approval by the program coordinator prior to beginning the Optional Field Internship.
The Fitness Business Management Program offers essential educational pathways and career opportunities for:
• Current managers who are wishing to implement successful fitness management systems
• Current allied health and fitness professionals and personal trainers interested in establishing a fitness business or becoming a fitness manager
• Education directors of multi-site facilities or chains who focus on staff development for fitness professionals and fitness managers
• Companies that require the certificate program as a professional development program for employees to achieve key business goals, career objectives, and skills to advance beyond entry-level positions
Ken Baldwin, M.ED, ACSM-H/FI, is the program coordinator and an instructor for the Personal Fitness Trainer and Advanced Fitness Trainer Programs. He is the former chair of IDEA’s National Personal Trainer Committee and chair of the Senior Fitness Subcommittee for the Massachusetts Governor’s Committee on Physical Fitness and Sports. Ken is the senior editor, content expert, and lead author for ACSM’s Resources for the Personal Trainer Textbook, Second Edition. He continues to serve on national committees for the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), AAHPERD, and the Medical Fitness Association. He’s been honored with numerous awards, including IDEA’s Personal Trainer of the Year Award, presented at the IDEA International Personal Training Summit.
Ken has been involved in the fitness, wellness, and education profession for over 10 years. His background includes operating and managing a personal training company; training many types of populations, from children to seniors and beginning exercisers to athletes; and lecturing and consulting at corporations, public events, national conventions (ACSM Health and Fitness Summit, Club Industry, IDEA, International Council of Active Aging, and the Medical Fitness Association, to name a few), and international conferences. In addition to his industry experience, he’s actively involved in working with national organizations and colleges and universities to develop educational standards for those wishing to enter the personal fitness training profession.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I register for a program if I am an international student?
Yes, because this certificate program is online, and you never have to actually travel to the school. We offer a telephone or online registration.
2. How long does it take to complete a program?
All of our online programs are self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start them when you want and finish them at your own pace. Upon registering, you’re given six months to complete the program. Should you need more time, you may request a six-month extension at no additional cost. Pricing varies for extensions beyond six months.
3. Do I have to buy additional materials?
All the materials you’ll need are included, and their cost will be covered by your tuition. We will ship all materials ground service upon enrollment.
4. Can I get financial assistance?
HGBSE Online courses re non-credit courses, so they do not qualify for federal aid. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses.
5. What happens when I complete the program?
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
6. Am I guaranteed a job?
HGBSE Online program will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. We don’t provide direct job placement services, but our facilitators and career counselors will help you build your resume and are available to give advice on finding your first job. Facilitators will also be available to use as a professional reference upon completion of the program. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
7. Who will be my instructor?
Each student is paired up with a facilitator for one-on-one interaction. The facilitator will be available (via e-mail) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our facilitators are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach.
8. What software or hardware do I need in order to take online program and what are the system requirements?
In order to take our online programs, you must have access to a computer and the Internet. You can access the program contents from any Web-enabled computer. You don’t have to use the same computer to log-in to the program every time. We recommend that you have a word-processing program (Microsoft Word is best) and the latest version of Internet Explorer.
9. Can I use a Mac?
Yes, this program is compatible with both PC and Mac computers.
10. How can I get more information about the program?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please feel free to send us a question using the “Contact Us” form. We will answer your questions promptly.
11. When can I start the program?
Our online programs are all open enrollment. You can register and start the program as soon as you are ready.
Please note: Once the program curriculum is accessed online or through submission of a material shipment confirmation, refunds cannot be issued.