Career Training Certificate Program
Program Code: HGBSEONL-203
Total Study Hours: 160
Fees: ₦1,497,500 NGN
Learning Type: Self Paced
Hours of Access: 24
Duration of Access: 12 Months
Session Start Date:
How To Enroll
Call 0814-939-3435, or email your contact details including program of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you. You may also visit our office in Abuja, FCT to speak with a specialist.
The Global Business Professional certification is a prestigious acknowledgment of international business expertise, including management, marketing, supply-chain management, and trade finance. The Certified Global Business Professional Online Program will prepare you for the certification exam. This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
After completing this program, you’ll be familiar with material included in the Certified Global Business Professional examination, including:
• Evaluating the internal and external environment to identify potential marketing threats and opportunities
• Developing and implementing a global marketing plan
• Optimizing supply-chain solutions to meet the requirements of the international business plan
• Evaluating and selecting potential intermediaries to support the international business plan
• Completing documents required for the international movement of product and services
• Assessing political and economic risks and cultural issues of the target country to establish financial costs and viability
• Researching and analyzing credit history and payment capacity of the potential buyers or partners to assess the commercial risk
• Selecting appropriate methods, terms, and currency of payment to agents, sales representatives, distributors, suppliers, and international joint ventures
• Developing a short-, medium-, and long-term financial plan
The North American Small Business International Trade Educators Association (NASBITE) Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) Credential provides a benchmark for competency in global commerce. The CGBP designation demonstrates your ability to conduct global business. If you’re experienced in international trade, the certification provides recognition of your knowledge. If you’re just beginning a career in international business, the certification establishes your commitment to professional development.
The Certified Global Professional Online Program was created by academics, industry practitioners, and professionals who assisted in the development of the credential, and it’s facilitated by instructors with extensive backgrounds related to the material. The Certified Global Business Professional Program prepares you for the credential exam by educating you in four areas: global management, global marketing, supply chain management, and trade finance.
Review essential management skills in an international business context. You’ll learn about setting a mission and vision for a global business enterprise; developing a global business plan; conducting research in an international environment; understanding the nuances of cultural, legal, political, and regulatory differences; and using technology to support global trade.
This module focuses on marketing, including: assessing the external environment, performing strengths-weaknesses-opportunities-threats (SWOT) analyses, conducting international market research, developing a marketing plan and budget, determining the global marketing mix (product, price, placement, and promotional strategies), and conducting competitor analyses.
This module delves into all aspects of managing supply-chain logistics, including: transportation modes; taxes, duties, and quotas; trade agreements; packaging requirements; use of intermediaries; documentation requirements; legal and regulatory requirements; insurance; trade conventions; and the offshore procurement process.
This module will provide you with an overview of essential skills for managing financial transactions in international trade. Topics covered include political and economic risks, foreign exchange tactics and risks, credit and payment risks, optimal terms of payment, arranging financing, and setting the business’s overall financial plan.
Upon registering, you’re given an initial twelve months to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the twelve months, you may purchase an extension of 30 days for 12,800 naira or an extension of 60 days for 24,000 naira
1. Global Management
1. Management Challenge of International Trade
2. Aspects of the Global Business Planning Process
3. Factors Affecting Management of International Trade
4. Information Sources for Global Business Planning
5. Sources of Assistance for Global Business Planning
6. Practical Tools for International Trade
7. The Management Context of Global Business
2. Global Marketing
1. Evaluating the Internal and External Environment
2. Developing and Implementing the Global Marketing Plan
3. Coordinating the Marketing Mix
3. Global Trade Finance
1. Political Economic and Cultural Risks
2. Foreign Exchange Risk and Mitigation
3. Researching, Analyzing, and Mitigating Credit Risk
4. Optimizing Methods of Payment and Documentation
5. Payment Terms
6. Developing the Short-, Medium-, and Long-term Financial Plan
4. Global Supply-Chain Management
1. Optimizing Supply-Chain Solutions
2. Evaluating and Selecting Potential Intermediaries
3. Completing Documents for International Movement of Products and Services
4. Calculating Costs, Benefits, and Risks of International Transactions
5. Facilitating Offshore Procurement Processes
This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
IBM or PC computers or Mac computers can access this course with high-speed Internet or dial-up via a 56.6K modem or better. Microsoft Office and Macromedia’s Shockwave and Flash applications (available via free download) are also required. There are no required textbooks. All material is contained in the program and can be printed for future reference.
This program is for you if you’re a NASBITE member, an employee at a large or small company with global interests, or a practitioner, an educator, or a student engaged in international trade and global commerce. The credential is also suitable for individuals working in trade-assistance organizations, trade-promotion agencies, and related educational institutions.
This is not an instructor facilitated program. Certified Global Business Professional does offer students an Ask the Experts feature which will provide them with access to industry experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I register for a program if I am an international student?
Yes, because this certificate program is online, and you never have to actually travel to the school. We offer a telephone or online registration.
2. How long does it take to complete a program?
All of our online programs are self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start them when you want and finish them at your own pace. Upon registering, you’re given six months to complete the program. Should you need more time, you may request a six-month extension at no additional cost. Pricing varies for extensions beyond six months.
3. Do I have to buy additional materials?
All the materials you’ll need are included, and their cost will be covered by your tuition. We will ship all materials ground service upon enrollment.
4. Can I get financial assistance?
HGBSE Online courses re non-credit courses, so they do not qualify for federal aid. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses.
5. What happens when I complete the program?
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
6. Am I guaranteed a job?
HGBSE Online program will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. We don’t provide direct job placement services, but our facilitators and career counselors will help you build your resume and are available to give advice on finding your first job. Facilitators will also be available to use as a professional reference upon completion of the program. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
7. Who will be my instructor?
Each student is paired up with a facilitator for one-on-one interaction. The facilitator will be available (via e-mail) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our facilitators are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach.
8. What software or hardware do I need in order to take online program and what are the system requirements?
In order to take our online programs, you must have access to a computer and the Internet. You can access the program contents from any Web-enabled computer. You don’t have to use the same computer to log-in to the program every time. We recommend that you have a word-processing program (Microsoft Word is best) and the latest version of Internet Explorer.
9. Can I use a Mac?
Yes, this program is compatible with both PC and Mac computers.
10. How can I get more information about the program?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please feel free to send us a question using the “Contact Us” form. We will answer your questions promptly.
11. When can I start the program?
Our online programs are all open enrollment. You can register and start the program as soon as you are ready.
Please note: Once the program curriculum is accessed online or through submission of a material shipment confirmation, refunds cannot be issued.